How to get borders?

mickeymouse

How do I get bottom borders or left borders only?

In my input tag, I've used

style='border:none'  --- works fine.

style='border:left'  --- I get all borders.

style='border:bottom'  --- I get all borders.

TKS

Thanks but this wont do the job.  I dont think using <div> and </div> tags for every <input...>  tag I have is the way to do it.  What I'm looking for is bottom borders for my <input...> tag.

Also, the W3 example of margins doesn't even work in the W3 documentation itself.  Go there and try to modify the margin sizes!

Point.

What's your actual relevant code look like?

Edited by niche

With this, I get no borders (as requested):
<input readonly style='border:none;color:black;text-align:left;width:100;font-size:16'  value='$ActNm'>

With this, I get borders all around while I just want a bottom border.
<input readonly style='border:bottom;color:black;text-align:left;width:100;font-size:16'  value='$ActNm'>

thanks dsonesuk.  obviously, i didn't know that off the top of my head, but would've figured it out.  thanks again for the save. 

It is! possible, if you use correct properties.

border: none;/* remove all borders, but styling remain if set by your custom css or browser default css.*/
	border-bottom-width: 1px; /*show bottom border width 1px, the colour and style will be as mentioned above to what is currently set */
	/*completely new style width colour*/
	border-bottom: 3px dotted lime;

What you should have done on realising you made an error, is gone to Tutorial about css borders to identify the correct syntax for border styling properties, experimented until you got the correct result, instead giving up or implying you had giving up! So someone would do the work for you. This is very basic css.