SOS! Help needed.

Rhino

Hi,I have a basic ebay store and I really want to be able to change the look to exactly my requirements. I know how to change the background, fonts etc...but I would like to be able to add buttons to the links and literally drop a whole new face on it. I have seen a few shops which are like this, here are two screen shots of one; Trans1.jpg and Trans2.jpg and I would like to be able to do it too. I asked ebay about it and they said this site might be able to help me with coding. Basically, I am a graphic designer so with reagrds to the look and content I have no problem but with reagards to coding I only have basic knowledge of HTML so im stuck. I thought it was something to do with CSS I needed but after looking at the tutorials I havent found anything but I don't really know what I am looking for.If any one could help it would be much appreciated.Kind regards,Jason

:blink: Ebay suggested you here?! Awsome! We get some recognition now. :)As for what you're trying to do... since you need a new layout, this is diffently beyond simple help. I would suggest looking online for free layouts and changing what you see fit. That or learn the code and make it yourself or hire/ask a web designer to help you code your site for you images aside :).Although, maybe someone here is friendly enough to give you a very big helping hand.:)

:blink: Ebay suggested you here?! Awsome! We get some recognition now. :)As for what you're trying to do... since you need a new layout, this is diffently beyond simple help. I would suggest looking online for free layouts and changing what you see fit. That or learn the code and make it yourself or hire/ask a web designer to help you code your site for you images aside :).Although, maybe someone here is friendly enough to give you a very big helping hand.:)
Hi RahXephon,Thanks. Yeh, for once I got a real answer from ebay which was surprising enough. As for my page, I know what your talking about, but I don't really want to trouble someone to actually write the code for me. If anyone knows how its done and could start me off in the right direction that would be good enough (hopefully!). For example, In order to change the links at the side of the shop, what do I need to know to do that. I saw tutorials about changing link effects but this looks different. I was thinking maybe they have created an image and dropped it on top of the links to make the effect. But like I said I don't really have a clue and at the moment I'm just guessing.Basically, I don't mind sitting down and learning the codes myself, but at the moment I got headache from banging me head on the screen cos I don't know what I should be looking for.Also, at the moment I'm kinda guessing it's CSS because there is no way (unless someone can tell me different) that you can actually change the HTML coding of the ebay shop, so I guess they used CSS to overwrite certain elements. So if anyone knows which codes I need to look at them please give me a nudge in the right direction.Thanks alot.Jason

You could always build a layout in photoshop, use guides to sort of split it up, then cut the thing up in a bunch of peices. Build an html table and throw the sliced up images into the background of the table.Then just host your images somewhere, and copy and paste the table from your text editor into ebay.I think tables would be the best way to go because they allow you greater controll of the layout without the headache. Most table layouts are done with a 3x3 grid.

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr>  <td background="image1.gif"> </td>  <td background="image2.gif"> </td>  <td background="image3.gif"> </td> </tr> <tr>  <td background="image4.gif"> </td>  <td background="image5.gif"> </td>  <td background="image6.gif"> </td> </tr> <tr>  <td background="image7.gif"> </td>  <td background="image8.gif"> </td>  <td background="image9.gif"> </td> </tr></table>

Hi everyone,I just wanted to thank you all for your help. I think I'll give up on the BIG job for now. I've been seeing what I can do without my hair falling out. I'll try some of the things you've suggested and see what happens from there. Yeh, that's the right link that Dorothy gave. Should be up again soon.Anyway, I'll keep you all posted.Thanks again,Jason.