how old are you and when did u start programming?

alexandergre

hi Name:AlexanderAge:16Location:Sweden, SkellefteåStatus: new member in W3 SchoolIntrests: Computer, photography, math, films, rock, RW etc.i was just wondering of how old are you now ? and when did u start programming? and how much you know about programming(which languages)?

Name:mikeAge:PrivateLocation:Virginia,United StatesStatus: new memberIntrests: Computer, friends, etc.Started with simple HTML then moved to XHTML and now know CSS, HTML, XHTML, PHP, and SQL no one ever told me how to write codes so i learned by looking at other peoples work and testing my own codes

Name:mikeAge:PrivateLocation:Virginia,United StatesStatus: new memberIntrests: Computer, friends, etc.Started with simple HTML then moved to XHTML and now know CSS, HTML, XHTML, PHP, and SQL no one ever told me how to write codes so i learned by looking at other peoples work and testing my own codes
Bravo, im like you. no one ever told me how to write codes so i learned by looking at other peoples work and testing my own codes. and i think its so cool. ..
there is pinned thread above to introduce yourself there.
i know but my question is not introducing you self. my question is when did you started to program and web design. and its all another thing than introducing ur self. i want to know how the world and technology is going on? in china and japan, children at very young age, they can program a little bit nad gaming. (i heard it)
I am 24 and I started designing websites (HTML/XHTML/CSS/JavaScript) when I was 18. I started programming when I was 21 (C#,C++,PHP,ASP.Net)
do you know all those languages? cool man... which oone is better? C#,C++, or visual basic. can u make the programs that you do with visual basic in C++ or C#? if yes, then why u learned all this laguages?

do you know all those languages? cool man... which oone is better? C#,C++, or visual basic.can u make the programs that you do with visual basic in C++ or C#? if yes, then why u learned all this laguages?
Yes I know all those, but those are only the ones I regularly use. You are asking a loaded question, which is better C# or C++. To that I will reply qwith a question, what do you want to do?Generally I prefer C# from desktop and web programming because it is so portable. I can write a class and use it in both my desktop and web apps.But when it comes to game programming I would say you need to use C++ (w/ OpenGL or DirectX)Although C# is improving in performance in areas like games so I imagine we'll start to see a shift (maybe not completely) towards using C# in the gaming industry.as for VB, I don't like it much. I would rate it #3 of the group.Well the reason I learn so many was mostly due to inexperince.When I started programming in college I took several courses, VB6, PERL, ASP because they were required. Then after college I was offred a job but they wanted me to use ASP.Net so I learned it over the summer before I began my job (but I learned VB.Net) and then after a month or so of working the company decided to switch to C# (which was a great decision, IMO) so then I heard everyone talking about how great PHP was so I decided to try and I loved it.So I use ASP.Net at work and for large personal projects and PHP for smaller personal stuff. I also began learning C++ 6-8 months ago because I and interested in games programming and C++ seems to be the industry favorite for games.So there you have it I know (X)HTML,CSS,JavaScript,PERL,ASP,PHP,ASP.NET,VB6,VB.Net,C#,C++

I was 9 when I started on a C-like language adapted for building robots. A year later I started the web section, and i'm still into it. :)

Name:JonAge:14Location:Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.Status: Older member, not too old thoughIntrests: Computers, classical rockI started when I was about 12, almost 13 :).So far I have learned quite a few languages, with no help but tutorials all over the web and the people here.heres the ones I know, at least how to use: -(X)HTML - CSS -Javscript -AJAX (kind of javascript, but it branches off..) -PHP -(My)SQLlearning Java now :).

great you guys at 12 and 14 learn these things and people right here in india and too in dept of computer science at age 22 and above are not that much good in any language and even some donot know the basis.

[@eguru] your statement sounds a lil untrue.....i accept 12 or 14 is a young age and not many would have a personal computer, but your statement about programmers, i dont think thats true.... i started porgramming when i was 17. though didnt have a PC till i was 20 or 21.. With ur personal experience with just a few ppl around, you cannot generalize things.....

I'm 27 now, I wrote my first program at 18. I didn't start on the web until 19 or so. I either know well, or have been taught at some point (i.e. forgot most of) HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, SQL, VB (ASP), C, C++, C#, Ada, Prolog, Lisp, Turbo Pascal, Java, OpenGL, and a few others. I got my education here:http://cse.asu.edu/students/undergrad/index.php

Yes I know all those, but those are only the ones I regularly use. You are asking a loaded question, which is better C# or C++. To that I......
cool, i though vb is the best, but im going to do some researches in internet. mr.reportingsjr YOU HATE IE, CHECK MY SIGNATUREImage//Just made it a link instead. -Choco

Name:TyroneAge:18Location:Northern Ontario, CanadaStatus: new member in W3 SchoolIntrests: N/AStarted programming at 16. Im new to this experience of browser scripting and server scripting. Taught myself majority of my computer science.PHP - 75%Javascript - 75%HTML - 100% XHTML - 50%VB6.0 - 90%DM - 100%OOT - 75%FYI: DM(Dream Maker) is a language not known world-wide. Was developed by a programmer to the name of "Dantom". For more information http://www.byond.comSorry guys, first time, SPAM..EH! :)

I started on VB4 when i was 10, and got into VB.NET about a year after. So I spent three years of free time messing around until I discovered the web. Then I got into HTML and made my first website (dont taunt me for it, please :)) and soon moved on into the realm of simple CSS and JavaScript. Now, around six months later I decided to get a book on PHP, and two months on from that here I am. Currently not sure what to learn next, but Java and XML look very promising. Theres a good chance I wont be learning anything else to do with .NET, because of the price.

yeah, im 14. And im seriously thinking about deleting that website... could damage my reputation as a web designer in years to come :)

Both the template based introduction (suggested at first by yours truly) is available as it was already mentioned, AND the question about when you started has also been discussed many times. I don't know about the rest, but I'm tired of repeating the same story over and over again :) . Some day, I'm going to write a biography and just reply with a link to it whenever asked a similar question :) .Here's an example of such topic:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6287