which one are you using? mac or pc

alexandergre

which one are u using?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. which one are u using?

• mac
    • pc

PC - Windows, I think I will stick with window to. Until I have my own computer and can install linux :). But yea, I dont think max has too many extra features besides its looks. People claim that its great for graphics, but what happens when you install a graphics program on any computer? It becomes good for graphics! lol, Just my thought!

I prefer my PC. I grew up using MACs in our education system and I don't care for them much.I am guilty of spouting the propaganda that MACs are good for graphics but thruth be told a lot depends on the setup and maintenance of the computer, MAC or PC.Many claim Linux t be better than Windows and say windows crashes all the time. This can be true but ti depends on if the user maintains there PC or not. If they just let it go and crap builds up on their system then of course things will go wrong...same for Linux.just my 2 cents

how about both - or editing your question to ask which one is your primary machine?I do not develop on a mac, but I test on one. I sometimes use the mac for graphic design since it is more stable than windows.

I don't know how anyone can make windows crash. I've tried everything. I've maxed out my ram and used both of my processors at 100% running around 20 DIFFERENT programs and loading a web page heavy on graphics. In the background, among the programs, was a direct x game and an open GL flight simulator. The moment I opened the two games everything froze for a second and then it started working again. Of course it was slow, but what else can you expect? :)Again, I don't see how you can make it crash. I'm running windows XP media center edition. I love watching TV :)I love the flashy XWD of Mac, but really, windows is what I'm used to. I use it on 3 out of my 4 primary machines (all at home) and never have trouble. I have MEPIS (a distro of linux) running on the other one. I'm not afraid to say I prefer windows. :) Why not? Most of the programs available run on it.

Well, im running on a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop @ 1.5Ghz with 512mb RAM and my PC seems to be incapable of running for over 2 hours without dying. It once crashed 8 seconds after booting. If i knew all my apps etc would work I'd go linux.

I am currently using my 2.4ghz pc with windows xp but I'm getting real tired of windows! There's bugs everywhere and a bunch of viruses. On the other hand I can play games on it and all programs I need are available for windows. I've been thinking of switching to linux or mac but I gotta keep the PC for the spore game that's coming out in may-june. I guess I'll be buying a mac for my web developing and multimedia and keep the PC for gaming.

I am currently using my 2.4ghz pc with windows xp but I'm getting real tired of windows! There's bugs everywhere and a bunch of viruses. On the other hand I can play games on it and all programs I need are available for windows. I've been thinking of switching to linux or mac but I gotta keep the PC for the spore game that's coming out in may-june. I guess I'll be buying a mac for my web developing and multimedia and keep the PC for gaming.
What bugs are you talking about? Windows comes with viruses now???? What do you use for virus protection? That plays a big part in whether you get viruses or not.

I have used Panda for a couple years. Sometimes I need to get cracks and stuff like that for my games. I get a pop-up by my antivirus that he detected a virus which should mean he has taken care of it. I got about 3 antispyware programs and panda firewall. I got lots of bugs when I exit some games I have (screen stays black, screen freezes, ...) I can't think of anything else right now.

Alot of that is related to the cracks you install and bugs in the games not Windows. I get that alot when I try to run the games witht he graphics higher than my video card cna handle...results in crashes for me...

professional has a few extras, like IIS installed (you just need to activate it). I think it is about impossible to crash a computer unless you have done something really bad to it. How do you max out your ram (I dont know too much about computers, im learning though :))? I think I had my processor going at 100% for a few months just a while ago. Of course that was because I had a program that was a protein folding thing for stanford so they can figure out AIDs and such. Didnt do anything though!

em em em... sweet question! lol.well... the first few computers we had at home were actually macs, which i really grew to love and appreciate. but then at college i 'had' to use windows- cause that's what the school had. only in my last 2 yrs they opened a new linux computer lab. (i was the only one on campus with a mac- iBook). so, i've spent some decent time on those 3.i think where programming is concerned, linux is the best choice. one of my brothers is into the professional graphics stuff- and allllll he uses from day one is mac.just my thoughts- perhaps most people get stucked into loving windows because it happens to be the most widely used pc... thus, for many, thats all they have ever used... so of course they would love it! lol.right now i have a windows pc, but if i had it my way- i would get a windows, linux and mac. i have the red hat thingie which i wanna install soon. however, if i had to narrow it down- i would choose the mac. the only thing i dont like about the mac though is the compatibility issues with so many great softwares. i guess many persons only think about windows when designing a software- sad.

It would be nice to have a Mac for a second machine. Maybe just keep it off line as a proprietary graphics machine.But Mac's unless you work in an environment where their used heavily is a bit of eclectic area. And whenever you indulge in the eclectic you have to get along with a marginalized community.All the topics you read on boards, hear at work/school are geared to the PC market. How often are there discusions in the media discussing nuances or problems with Macs ? Game releases for Mac ? Software?If your using a Mac your gonna get left out of a lot of discusions.Most of the time that I hear Mac owners talking about their systems the graphics ability issue is made and then they go on to defend the ability of them run the PC software, act and function like a PC. So why not just buy the PC and save a lot of money ? Because if you really do, do a lot of intense graphic work for your job, its unlikely your going to use it to connect to the internet and jeopardize hundreds of hours of work to a fleeting bug you downloaded.