Jonas

Signatures

74 posts in this topic

All I see on your website is a blank page... is that supposed to happen? FF 3 on Win XP.

I realize this may be pushing the time limit in which I have to reply in this forum, but I feel my curiosity has gotten the better of me.Anything wrong with my signature?

I like the advice about experimenting small. If I'm trying out a new technique, I'll usually create a file(s) just for that technique. Then when I've mastered it, I'll work it into the project. It's called the scientific method. Change one thing at a time.

You know, I'm taking the higher level science classes at my school and still never understood what they were talking about when they said "scientific method," but now I do :). I wish someone would've explained it like that a few years ago when I started high school.

Blasphemy that you don't know who Charles Babbage is...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babbage
Oh, I thought they were talking about Charles Cabbage and his famous son, Brussel, called Sprout. His cousin on his wife's side was Cole Slaw. Cole married an Irish lass and had a son George Bernard Slaw.

Oh, I thought they were talking about Charles Cabbage and his famous son, Brussel, called Sprout. His cousin on his wife's side was Cole Slaw. Cole married an Irish lass and had a son George Bernard Slaw.
That has NOTHING to do with the original topic O_o. Not to mention it's not the most intelligent thing I've ever read.

That has NOTHING to do with the original topic O_o. Not to mention it's not the most intelligent thing I've ever read.
This was meant for this post (I"ll move it later).

I thought Charles Cabbage was the inventor of an early printing press that ran on steam power? :)
29 people like this

That has NOTHING to do with the original topic O_o. Not to mention it's not the most intelligent thing I've ever read.This was meant for this post (I"ll move it later).
Oooh. My bad.

I just think that signature are something personal. I don't think ther should be image sigs, what a waste of space. Thats what you avatar is for!!!!

What's with all those signatures! Everyone has signatures about spammers or answering questions made with php/asp/cf. I guess it's the fad these days.
Well, I normally have a different signature on a forum, but since this is a WEB DEVELOPMENT forum, I kept it to "match" and apply to the forum and keep my sig "on-topic".

yeah... I always have an image sig haha... since I use photoshop all the time and i have a photoshop site... but considering nobody hear really has an image sig... I'll just leave mine blank

yeah... I always have an image sig haha... since I use photoshop all the time and i have a photoshop site... but considering nobody hear really has an image sig... I'll just leave mine blank
I used to use an image sig I made - but first, I think now that they are distracting, and secondly, my old sig was... well, not that exciting...

I see many people having signature links, so i assume that's allowed, but just to be sure, is it? can i link to any site i like?

Just don't ever link to a site that would be considered a competitor to W3Schools.

I see many people having signature links, so i assume that's allowed, but just to be sure, is it? can i link to any site i like?
See Guidelines And Netiquette, and the "Links in signatures" part in particular.

Also note that general content restrictions laid out in the Guidelines, such as those prohibiting links to rights-infringing content, also apply to signatures.