CMS and Personal Website feedback

Anders Moen

I wrote the "in pursuit of PHP knowledge" and somebody changed it to this.... :)
Sorry I didn't mean to erase your news...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vchris, I've put something in front of the code that select's from the database, so if you're not logged in you can't see the comments right now. But I will fix that soon.*The comments is fixed :)*Oh! That person that is sitting and updating my site for his life, please stop!I get that too many connections.It's fixed again now :)

Nice site you got there but why do you have everything done on admin.php? To me it seems more complicated than having separate pages for each link. I like it when I open a php page and see a short page instead of 1 huge page of 1000 lines or more. But whatever makes you happy, just a thought I had.

I don't know why really...I just started with it, because it's easier to change the design for people who download it when I publish it. I mean, instead of changing several sites, they change about ... 10. I think it's less though.Dynamic pages are best:P hehe

do you allow smilies in posts??If yes then have you made the smilies yourself or did you get them from somewhere??

I haven't put it on yet, but I can easily do that in the document that holds the bbCodes. But if I do, I doubt I will make them myself, I've already tried. That was a failure, but I need a place to get smilies that's legal to use. Do you know where?

You can see this - http://www.mysmiley.net/Also FamFamFam has a very good collection of icons, I am not sure if they have smilies though!

Nice! Thank you Prateek :)I'll add them in the next version of the system, which will be better protected of (X)HTML. I forgot to put that on the title this time, lol

If you want, I will share the emoticons that I make for my CMS, that is whenever I have time to make it! :) LOL

:) So how does it feel that you are about to become an Intrigued Member??

I'm guessing that's what your member title said, it just says Member right now though.A little late, but it looks great now. Definately a huge improvement over the last time we saw it. The penguin looks good too :). The log in is a good addition. A couple suggestions.1)In the Admin CP page thigie, maybe seperate the links at the left into caterogries with headers, eg. News, Pages etc.2)To get to the comments page (the only way I've found) is to click "Read More". My suggestion would be to have where it says 2 Comments (or whatever is there) to link to the read more page, but have the link automatically scroll down to where the comments are (eg /link.php?page#comments with the # sign).Just my two suggestions, other than that it looks so much better than before. :)

Thanks for those comments!This was like "version 1", but in version 2 (I've already started on it).In version 2 it might come with a pm system (don't know how yet lol), and maybe some more. But I just finished the version 1 (which has some bugs in the title and stuff lol), and some more features. If you have any suggestions/improvements about it, please tell me so I can add more in version 2 and fix bugs in version 2 :)

Hey again everybody!I've been working some more on my CMS but this time I was thinking a little bit more of the design than the last time.I was just wondering if this design I've been working on is worth a try...(see image below). It's made out of the old look of the CMS (http://andersmoen.hotserv.dk/cms/) just this time I think the graphics are a little bit better.The gray background-color on one of the links is the hover on the menu. So what you think of it? What should be changed? Remember: this CMS is gonna be out for download, and I'm developing a "standard" design that comes along with the download and that's gonna be a simple one and this is the design it might be so I really want your honest opinions about it. So now you know why it's just simple.screenshot.jpg

Hi your small forum is really neat, you write a code or have a good link to learn fromCould you share it to methanks !!!I am building for my class something similar to yours !
I'm mostly using the codes from W3Schools, except one, that I built myself. The pagination script I mean, if you know what it is...if not, Google it :)Yeah, I guess I could...I'm just gonna get done with it and stuff. But I'm working on my CMS more so I don't really work much on the forum these days.Just read at W3Schools :)
Thanks for the links :)But I can't really find good-tutorials any good..lol