Feedback?

pizzaguy

Hey, I've been working working on a website for one of my schools clubs (anime club) and I'm getting pretty far, to a point where i believe it is viewable by the public >_>Obviously its not done yet so only the first two pages work. It should work with and without javascript (but the search bar is only displayed if javascript is enabled). So, here is it: http://yesiwouldlikefrieswiththat.com/animeclub/Feedback? :)EDIT: The search should now work with and without javascript :)

Hiya. I can't comment from a code point of view, but your site looks really nice. The background makes it look rich and sharp, and the etched font (especially for the kanji) looks great. How did you create your skin?

Hiya. I can't comment from a code point of view, but your site looks really nice. The background makes it look rich and sharp, and the etched font (especially for the kanji) looks great. How did you create your skin?
I typed it up myself in Notepad++, if thats what your asking :)

I typed it up myself in Notepad++, if thats what your asking :)
I mean, did you create things like the bar at the top on a graphics program or is it done with styles? I don't really know how to do cool text effects like that with styles yet.

I mean, did you create things like the bar at the top on a graphics program or is it done with styles? I don't really know how to do cool text effects like that with styles yet.
The bar at the top is just one static image that i made in "photoshop". But the whole site is largely based on CSS and styles. The font itself on the top is also part of the image (text with a blurred outline).

Hey, I checked out your site and looks really nice. I really like the background and the content boxes that are transparent. I would really like to know how you got those boxes transparent like that. Its a really nice effect. Or did you crop a section of your background and use a drop shadow on it as an image? I figure thats one way to do that. The only thing I can see is that when I was opening up the pictures on the links or going from one page to another that it loaded a tiny bit slow. I'm on highspeed comcast cable too so Maybe your images were kind of big files. But its not really a problem since it speeds up once you've loaded them. I do like it very much.

the boxes are just transparent png files (compressed), i suspect the speed has less to do with the images, and more to do with the fact that the site is hosted on an old computer in my garage that is definitely more than 10 years old...

I have made a few minor updates. Mainly, I have added a loading animation to the media display (when Javascript is enabled), and I have added a search box that will work when Javascript is disabled. Extra testing and anymore comments are appreciated :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For some reason this took a long time to load, and the rainbow background didn't continue all the way down, it just stopped. That's viewing in FF

• 2 weeks later...
For some reason this took a long time to load, and the rainbow background didn't continue all the way down, it just stopped. That's viewing in FF
Did the background just have a hard stop? it shouldn't go all the way down but it should, for lack of a better word, blend in and fade out. The slow loading can be explained by the fact that it is being hosted by a 15 year old PC in my garage >_>

Archived