Adjusting the video player

eduard

There are no "new" conditions. The conditions were always- you try to answer 3 questions.- we say if they're wrong or right, and give you some corrections and hints if not.- you retry, taking our corrections and hints into account. And this cycle continues until all 3 questions are answered correctly. The first two questions are "OK", if we count a copy&paste answer as OK... which I do, despite the fact that was not the point (if you don't want to learn those these in an understandable language, that's your problem). But you never answered the 3rd question. You made a copy&paste asking if this is what I was asking: No. This is not what I was asking. And you're not going to find any place to copy&paste the answer from. The answer is implied by the thing you copy&pasted, combined with the question itself. Think of it like this: It's like I gave you a math problem that says something like 'Using the Pythagorean theorem, find "c" if "a" is "3" and "b" is 4.', and what you did is like to give me "a^2+b^2=c^2"... yes... that is the Pythagorean theorem, but you haven't actually solved the problem. You've simply found the means to solve it. I thought we established that it's my judgment that counts here, no? So where's the problem? And because it's hard, you're saying we should move onto the even harder stuff?!? Again, this is NOT like in (traditional) school, where things move onto the advanced stuff before the beginner stuff is decent.
You hit the wrong button! If the answers were copied & paste, I never could have written twice: ´Go ahead with your questions´! But instead of asking me questions about ´element´, ´attribute´, ´id´. ´html´, etc. you accuses me (of copy and paste)! (and all the others believed you!).I never heard of the Pythagorean theory. so I can´t answer this question! (and is this a ´must´ for web development?) Eduard Lid<p id="copyright">Copyright © 2012</p>

You hit the wrong button! If the answers were copied & paste, I never could have written twice: ´Go ahead with your questions´! But instead of asking me questions about ´element´, ´attribute´, ´id´. ´html´, etc. you accuses me (of copy and paste)! (and all the others believed you!).I never heard of the Pythagorean theory. so I can´t answer this question! (and is this a ´must´ for web development?) Eduard Lid<p id="copyright">Copyright © 2012</p>
Luckily or not we are able to read all of your replies and make our own conclusions. We don't have to believe anything, just read the topics. The Pythagorean theorem is not a must for web development (unless you are making games) but it is basic trigonometry, i am surprised you never heard of it. But we are not here to judge your knowledge about mathematics. I think you have to realize that Boen is here to help you learn, even if you don't like his methods. The fact that someone offered to do what he does with you, should be considered a privilege and you should take advantage of it. Edited by TheGallery

Luckily or not we are able to read all of your replies and make our own conclusions. We don't have to believe anything, just read the topics. The Pythagorean theorem is not a must for web development (unless you are making games) but it is basic trigonometry, i am surprised you never heard of it. But we are not here to judge your knowledge about mathematics. I think you have to realize that Boen is here to help you learn, even if you don't like his methods. The fact that someone offered to do what he does with you, should be considered a privilege and you should take advantage of it.
Of course I apreciate it very much that he helps me, but what I also miss in this reply; he accuses me without checking it!

This topic is pathetic.
You are right!Why can´t I fill in data in a html form which I added to my index.html? Can it be that I saved this file with another doctype?

Guest So Called

What I meant is that those who know the answers should either supply the answer or should just ignore the topic. I've never seen a help forum where the OP was required to prove they're worthy before getting the answers. This topic is IMO not helping the OP, nor is it going to help anybody else learn anything from reading the topic. What I meant is that this topic is a pathetic waste of time. Eduard, please go read some FAQs and study some HTML, CSS and PHP. It appears to me that you are not ready to ask questions because you do not have sufficient basic knowledge. The only way you'll get that is to do some reading, and then do some more reading. Then when you understand the basic concepts you'll be prepared to ask intelligent questions, and you'll be prepared to understand the answers.

I've never seen a help forum where the OP was required to prove they're worthy before getting the answers.
We wouldn't have to do this if he hadn't been like this for over a year. We've already given him answers over and over again, month after month. Until he is able to understand the answers he is given, we have to make sure he learns the more basic things and ensure that he knows it. There's no point in giving an answer he is going to ignore or forget.

Guest So Called

Just quit replying. It's an ancient human custom called shunning. Eventually everybody will learn that trying to help this OP is a waste of time. Only newbies will get sucked in. That's how I got into all this. I haven't been posting much on this site until recently and I wasn't aware of the "over a year" history. Maybe the OP is just not equipped for web design. Maybe the OP is trolling. Either way it's just wasting forum bandwidth. I got frustrated and thus my replies today. I think I'll butt out after this. I think the topic should be closed. This whole topic is undignified.

What are you ridiculous talking and I request the moderator not having send me replies witch don´t belong in this topic: Adjust videopayer!

Ok, for me, i think it's enough eduardlid! Since HE claimed to know the answers and never copied, then we should accept that he truely got the answers. But eduardlid, note that when you ask any question on this forum again, and we give you a simple answer that you claim to already, and still, you dont understand, then there will be no more reply for that particular topic.

Edited by CodeName

You hit the wrong button! If the answers were copied & paste, I never could have written twice: ´Go ahead with your questions´! But instead of asking me questions about ´element´, ´attribute´, ´id´. ´html´, etc. you accuses me (of copy and paste)! (and all the others believed you!).
Read the topic again... it was the other way around: Others accused you, and I believed them, because I can read your answers for myself.
I never heard of the Pythagorean theory. so I can´t answer this question! (and is this a ´must´ for web development?)
It was just an analogy... everyone has studied this in high school math classes, and I naively assumed that you've finished high school => even if you weren't good at math, even if you don't know the theorem, you've at least heard of it. Apparently, I was wrong. See - it's these kinds of things we need to learn in order to help you. Now we know not to use high school math in analogies.
Of course I apreciate it very much that he helps me, but what I also miss in this reply; he accuses me without checking it!
Look, I'm counting it as a correct answer anyway. Whether it's copy&pasted or not... it's correct, and I won't force you to re-answer it. So where's the problem? The accusation itself? If I'm wrong and you understand the thing that was in your post, it doesn't matter what I think now.
What are you ridiculous talking and I request the moderator not having send me replies witch don´t belong in this topic: Adjust videopayer!
You do realize you're trying to avoid the replies that don't belong in this topic with other replies that don't belong in this topic, right?If you insist, I'll split the question/answer thing in its own topic, but that wouldn't really make a difference.
Just quit replying. It's an ancient human custom called shunning.
Eduard, is this what you want? Because let me be brutally honest with you: This is exactly what we're about to do if you don't cooperate, and we hate doing that, because this is the very opposite thing of the nature of this forum.

Read the topic again... it was the other way around: Others accused you, and I believed them, because I can read your answers for myself. It was just an analogy... everyone has studied this in high school math classes, and I naively assumed that you've finished high school => even if you weren't good at math, even if you don't know the theorem, you've at least heard of it. Apparently, I was wrong. See - it's these kinds of things we need to learn in order to help you. Now we know not to use high school math in analogies. Look, I'm counting it as a correct answer anyway. Whether it's copy&pasted or not... it's correct, and I won't force you to re-answer it. So where's the problem? The accusation itself? If I'm wrong and you understand the thing that was in your post, it doesn't matter what I think now. You do realize you're trying to avoid the replies that don't belong in this topic with other replies that don't belong in this topic, right? If you insist, I'll split the question/answer thing in its own topic, but that wouldn't really make a difference. Eduard, is this what you want? Because let me be brutally honest with you: This is exactly what we're about to do if you don't cooperate, and we hate doing that, because this is the very opposite thing of the nature of this forum.
YOU ARE AGAIN TOTALLY WRONG! (I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL - THANK GOD NOT WITH MATHS!) ANOTHER INSULTS, BYE!

YOU ARE AGAIN TOTALLY WRONG!
OK. I was wrong. Thank you for the correction.(See? It's not that hard to accept being wrong. You should try this sometimes!)
(I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL - THANK GOD NOT WITH MATHS!)
In all countries I know the education system of, one is required to go over all subjects up until, and including, high school. The final exams (if there are any) are by choice, but still - you go over all subjects, even if you won't take an exam of them - whether that's math, physics, chemistry, biology, etc.I ###### at chemistry, but even I have heard terms like "electrolysis" and "atom", although, despite having access to Wikipedia, I still have no idea how these work. Similarly, although I'm not really good at math (I can't recall any theorem by heart; I had to use Wikipedia to find the Pythagorean one), I can still recall the existense of terms like "The number PI", "The Pythagorean Theorem" and "Square root".I naively assumed you're like that.
ANOTHER INSULTS, BYE!
Don't pretend you're leaving because of this... we all know it's because of this.

So, you do NOT know the Dutch education system! Of the 5 years of Highschool education, I had 2 years maths and after those 2 years (fortunately!) I never had maths anymore!And YES I leave of this because of many (NOT ALL!) stupid replies (which had nothing to do with web development!) I lost a waste of time!

Edited by eduardlid

And YES I leave of this because of many (NOT ALL!) stupid replies (which had nothing to do with web development!) I lost a waste of time!
[sarcasm]Thank you for valuing the time of everyone who tried to help you.[/sarcasm]
  • Like 1

[sarcasm]Thank you for valuing the time of everyone who tried to help you.[/sarcasm]
What do you want next?First, you accuse me which wasn´t right! (copy & paste)!Second, now I must have pity with everyone (I had CAPITALIZED written: NOT ALL!)So, what´s next?

Second, now I must have pity with everyone (I had CAPITALIZED written: NOT ALL!)
Pity? Who wants pity? I was talking about respect, not pity. Not so much respect for the people (we don't deserve that), but respect for their wasted time and energy. After all, your wasted time has also been a waste for everyone who ever tried to help you if you didn't come out with anything out of it.This is precisely what the goal of the questionnaire was - to ensure we haven't been wasting our time so far and/or prevent further time waste.Sure, not all replies were "stupid". But what counts is the knowledge you accumulated of all replies, and that appears to be next to none. Maybe it isn't... but it looks that way, and you keep being reluctant on demonstrating otherwise.
What do you want next?First, you accuse me which wasn´t right! (copy & paste)!
Will you drop it with your pride issues already?
So, what´s next?
I'm guessing a "goodbye" is what's next.

I´ve thought about it and I want to come back!Apologies:First, I apologize to all the american members what I wrote about the USA (i really was very angry!). I don´t know the USA, but the americans I´ve seen (quite a lo!) behave arrogant and they think they are the best in the world! (I was angry about copy and paste and highschool. For me are they prejudgesTime:Many times members wrote me that I´m such a long time at these fora! No,web development is not my favourite, but I like it! But I was rejected for jobs several hundred of times, not of my skills (because they were good!), but because I was in a wheelchair (now with a walker!). Very frustrating! So I decided to do web design, so they don´t see me!Therefore, I would like to come back! As I wrote, I´m not a perfect student, but many things have changed since the beginning (and I´m still learning!)-Replies:Please reply me about web development and no other thing like face palm (what´s that?).I hope you agree!Eduard Lid

You may want to settle your hostel issues first.There's no way you can understand what you're doing in just a few days... even if you practice. I don't know of ANY person to have learned basic design/development in matters of days. This is not a matter of me judging your rate of learning: It's a general tendency for "newbies" to have a slow start of a month or more, and then learn "advanced" things faster and faster. This may sound counter intuitive at first (I mean "Aren't advanced things harder => take more time?"), but the more you know your stuff, the more this makes sense."But I've been here for a long time now... Doesn't that mean I could pull it off in a few days if I REALLY put my mind to it?" you may ask. No. The above tendency applies only to people who don't skip to the advanced stuff before they can prove to themselves that they understand the basics.So please, do us all a favor, and once you aren't in a hurry, take the time to understand things without moving further if you don't get them. Try to do things without assistance from us FIRST. Do it badly if you have to, but do it yourself, and make it (look like it is) working. This is not the first time I have told you that, but now I'm also adding that if you want us to help you with any advanced stuff, you'll have to prove you've gotten the basics somehow - either with the code you ask questions about (where you have a "typical" problem rather than a "getting started" or "missing a basic understanding of the subject" problem; This is how most forum members demonstrate their readiness - implicitly), or with a questionnaire as above (i.e. explicitly).Also, you'll have to get comfortable answering questions in general. It's part of the business (you do know the term "job interview", right?), and it's part of the nature of forums that you don't just ask questions, but answer as well.

I would just add, if you can't understand what each line of your code is doing, and explain it (at the very least to us) then you aren't ready to move on to more advanced stuff. I.e. this means knowing what elements, attributes, selectors, etc are. the basic terminology is part of the learning process too. If you can't explain it, then you don't understand it enough yet. That's when you know you aren't ready to move on. It's plainly obvious when someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

I would just add, if you can't understand what each line of your code is doing, and explain it (at the very least to us) then you aren't ready to move on to more advanced stuff. I.e. this means knowing what elements, attributes, selectors, etc are. the basic terminology is part of the learning process too. If you can't explain it, then you don't understand it enough yet. That's when you know you aren't ready to move on. It's plainly obvious when someone doesn't know what they're talking about.
If you validate my index.html there are 0 errors (as agreed!). So, I MUST know the basic stuff!

You needed help to fix your HTML because you did not understand what the validator was telling you.I don't think you know why you need to validate the HTML.

You needed help to fix your HTML because you did not understand what the validator was telling you.I don't think you know why you need to validate the HTML.
Then sorry, you are very wrong!Again, I call this a prejudge (not checked!)Sorry, also wrong (checked!) date: 15 5, now 24 5! Edited by eduardlid