Chocolate570

Official Show Off Your Site Thread

dont you feel good when your website passes through the validator and the next page loads with a big green banner saying This page is valid

dont you feel good when your website passes through the validator and the next page loads with a big green banner saying This page is valid

Now that you mention it, yeah :) The css validator took a bit of getting used to, it was a pain in the backside to start of with. :)

Site Name: Deep CodingSite Description: portfolioSite Owner/Developer: MeSite Address: none yetExtra Comments: will include a gallery of all the sites I've done and tutorials on php, css, html, asp, cf, mysql....What do you guys think of this design? I personaly love spacy sites!Deep Coding

Name: Saxophone homeOwner: meDeveloper: mepurpose: Learn to make sites and learn about the sax and share that knowledge with people. I love playing a sax.Where I'm going with this: I'll add some new pages. Somwthing about the bands I play in. Mybe even a sax blog. Extra comments: I'll accept any comments. I know the images are a bit much. I think I will fill the space with somthing else.

Work In progress

Name: Saxophone HomeOwner: meDeveloper: mepurpose: Learn to make sites and learn about the sax and share that knowledge with people. I love playing a sax.Where I'm going with this: I'll add some new pages. Somwthing about the bands I play in. Mybe even a sax blog. Extra comments: I'll accept any comments. I know the images are a bit much. I think I will fill the space with somthing else.

Work In progress

One suggestion, dont use yellow in excess, its a bright colour and should be used in moderation to accent certain areas. The use of it as a background for content will drive your visitors away
Site Name: Bhura TeaSite Description: Online ShopSite Owner-Developer/Designer: Oscommerce/MeSite Address: bhuratea.comExtra Comments: I am waiting to hear from you.
I realy like the layout and the general look of the site, it appears to be a very pro-level job. You should note that your flash animation overlaps your navigation drop downs.

You should note that your flash animation overlaps your navigation drop downs.

well, but it should not do that now, i had the flash movie a little more up than it's now, but when i say my menu being overlapped by the animation, i decided to push the movie down, now it appears to be alright in IE, i dont see the animation to overlap the drop downs. whch one's your browser?

One suggestion, dont use yellow in excess, its a bright colour and should be used in moderation to accent certain areas. The use of it as a background for content will drive your visitors away
I think you are talking about my other site:Saxworld This is my new site SaxhomeJust so you know. Thanks for the advice on saxworld though.

Site Name: DeepCodingSite Description: PortfolioSite Owner/Developer: meSite Address: none yetExtra Comments: Will be my personal portfolio and should be online as soon as done with content.What you think?

Site Name: DeepCodingSite Description: PortfolioSite Owner/Developer: meSite Address: none yetExtra Comments: Will be my personal portfolio and should be online as soon as done with content.What you think
did you make the avatar yourself or grabbed it from somewhere

did you make the avatar yourself or grabbed it from somewhere

I made it. It's the one I had before, I just added some texture on it :) Like it?

have you got it live yet?

This is a different site than the codingtuts one. This one will be my portfolio but sexier and better coded.Should be only once content done... within a month I would say. Planning to use a bit of php for comments and stuff.

This is a different site than the codingtuts one. This one will be my portfolio but sexier and better coded.

I have yet to see a sexy website... :)

I have yet to see a sexy website... :)

Seems like you haven't seen mine! Mine is dead sexy!!! :)

i use paint for all my image editting needs, resizing, editing and everything , so you will see all my images to be a bit scratchy.

Why not use Photoshop, Fireworks or something more advanced than paint?

Why not use Photoshop, Fireworks or something more advanced than paint?

i dont know much about them, and with dialup can't even download them. that's way i edit all my images using paint, even my site's work has hung up bcoz of a few images, i have a psd file, but no photoshop to open it and export as image.

You could try Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0combined withPaint.netAlltogether it should be 53Mb's or something, and it's a quite useful program, with options to make transparent images, semi-transparent png's etc. :)

is there a way to open those psd files i dont want to download photoshop now with dialup, i have a psd button file for my site , need to change the text and export the image. also using paint.net can i make animation .gif images.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you can make animated gifs, no. You'll need Adobe Flash, FireWorks or ImageReady I think.EDIT: Or GIMP (free)Making Animated GIFs in GIMP

why not i have flash 8, can you please tell me what to do, i need only 2 more images and some inner formatting for my site to go live. can you please tell how to do it in flash, using layers or frames?

ok, i am downloading gimp now. in the mean time, does someone here have photoshop, as i said earlier i have the file but not the software, i will be very glad if someone could help me, all you need to do is open the file edit the text and export. thanks for any help you(anyone) can offer