W3S Forum Project: Discussion

Chocolate570

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can this thing be called a "project" if people don't edit each other's code? It won't be "cooperative" work if the code isn't shared and edited by multiple people, or at least if multiple people suggest edits on the fly.

The editing part of my sentence wasn't the point, the fact that only one candidate would put in something, that was the point. Everyone should get the chance to do something himself, only editing or browsing the code of someone else isn't really cooperate, but more slavely and obayingly reading some ones creation :) But I didn't say that is going to happen.

Dan's right, boen. The experience would be much more educationally enhanced if the members were able to code the application from scratch, and I'm sure it would make it more rewarding aesthetically too. :)

Im in, just in time, only just heard about it :) Anyeways, added my vote, hope this works out.I must say, i've been itching to get together and do a community project for ages. I know HTML, a bit of JavaScript, PHP+MySQL, and learning CSS. Glad to help!

Hey! Glad you could join the party :)I've extended the polls till september 5th. I'm hoping for at least 20-25...or there's no point doing the project. :)Also, I'd like to start compiling a list. Please PM me if you're going to take part in this project and what category (yes, category---not categories) you can be part of. :)Choco

Okay, I sent in my request for a category :). BTW, since I found out what a CMS is I dont really want it (sorry, didnt really know what it was :)) so can my vote be moved from CMS (full) to forum?

We firstly wait untill the 5th of september, to get the final votes in. If we don't get like 20-25 people in, then th eproject won't start at all (I think). If we do, we'll be voting for what management we will use such as who does what, etc. If all the plans are clear for all of us, then we'll start at the certain date that Choco will declare when the time comes :)*sounds like a manager, so he feels*

Well, that date will be declared by the person who gets elected for general manager. I'm just a preliminary manager. I started the project, and now it's time to hand off the baton :)Guys, I've changed my mind. You can do up to 2 categories, no more. But try to do just one, unless you feel your skills can REALLY be used. :)

right, eight more to go. Not sure, but I may be able to drag in one or maybe two HTML writers. Sorry to drag up an old topic, but how are we going to stay in contact? Methinks a real-time chat would be less than great, considering people live in different timezones.I could set up a phpBB forum on a free webhost, so we dont have to fill up even more pages of this 11-page post, if that would help.

We have 17 people. :blink:
You have passed your mathematics exam :)Whaha lol, you are the only one who wants to do only one thing, everyone says this "(or bla/bla/bla)" and you can only do javascript :)No offence of cource, but just funny :blink: See that you are the starter, and we can do more than you :)

Only javascript? nah, im okay at html too, but Im really into php. And the reason I only want to do one thing is because I dont think I'll have the time to do more than one part.No offence taken, Im just not sure where you got the "only does Javascript" thing from...*edit* okay, im the fool, thought you were replying to me